These are the words that I would use to describe these little sweet and trendy carob truffles.
They are so delicious and addicting. I guarantee that you will not be able to eat only one. Seriously.
I decided to post this recipe because the Instagram (@sweetnsavorylife) community really wanted the recipe. Yes, thank them!
Everyone I made these for loved them. I am confident that you will too! Feel free to modify it according to your likings. Get creative. Next time I'm going to try it with almond butter.
Enjoy the richness!
3/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
3/4 cup agave
1/3 cup light brown sugar (or to taste)
3/4 cup carob powder
1/4 cup macadamia nuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut (I use sulfite free shredded coconut)
carob chips for tops
1. In a glass mixing bowl (to avoid sticking), mix place peanut butter, agave, and light brown sugar.
2. Add in carob powder while mixing.
3. Now add your coconut shreds and macadamia nuts in, and start mixing with clean hands.
4. Scoop chunks into hands, and form 1'' inch balls.
5. Place one carob chip (if you would like) on the tops of the balls.
6. Once assembled, place all balls on a large enough plate, and store overnight in the refrigerator.
7. Makes 18 to 20 uniform sized balls.
And Another Look... I LOVE these!